CARVED CHRISTMAS CARDS

Hi everyone!  I'm back today with another project for Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration 2017.  


This grouping of Christmas cards feature one of my favourite Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Christmas releases this year, the Carved Christmas #1 Set.

Such a fun set, perfect for cards!



I stamped each image twice.  The image was stamped in red or black ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Using a Distress Marker, I applied my colour to my craft mat, diluted it with a water brush, and then applied this light colour to the lettering.  This image was then cut out.  The other was stamped with a gray(or black) ink on white cardstock big enough for the background.


Each Stamped image has been framed with a red or black cardstock die-cut frame.  These are die-cut from Tim Holtz Sizzix Stitched Circles, Stitched Squares, Stitched Ovals, and Stitched Rectangles framelits.





I have matted my framed images with different plaids from Tim Holtz Christmas Paperie Mini stash (TH93625).  Two more mats underneath, gold Metallic Kraft Stock (TH93586), cardstock, and then my card base.



For the embellishments on all my cards, I used Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens Thinlits set die-cut from cardstock that had been covered with gold and silver Tim Holtz Deco Sheets(TH93219).  The little bows are die-cut using Sizzix Fold-Up Bows from Christmas Deco Sheets(TH93644) and Kraft Christmas Paper Stash(TH93626). Tim Holtz Tiny Bells Findings (TH93658), and Christmas Typed Tokens (TH93629), tied with Tim Holtz Eclectic Craft Thread, (015274) complete each card.


Here's another look!  Hope I have inspired you to use your stamps when making your Christmas Cards! Don't forget to check Tim's Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter daily for new projects from his Inspiration Team!

Until next time,

Jan


3 comments

Paula Cheney said...

I just love these cards Jan - simple enough even for me to do! The back and red plaid theme is my favorite!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful Jan! TFS!

Sherri said...

Beautiful cards, Jan.

Back to Top